Thursday, July 23, 2015

Zip-Lining at Arenal with Sky Trek and Tram

Have you ever been so nervous that all the spit in your mouth goes dry and your tongue feels like sandpaper?  I was that nervous even before we got on the tram that took us to the top of the mountain. Midway up the mountain, the guide told us to stand up and look at the canopy 300 feet below us.  I got dizzy and could feel my heart pounding in my chest.  "You're going to be all right", Ilana kept repeating.  I wasn't sure if she was talking to me or herself.
When we got to the top, they clipped my harness onto the line, I yelled, "Pura Vida" and away I went. The lush green cloud forest canopy was in the valley 500 feet below me, as I hurdled from a ridge on one mountain to the ridge on the adjacent mountain.  But, my fear turned into exhilaration as I streaked across the valley, with Arenal towering above the shimmering blue of Lake Arenal in the distance.  In 30 seconds of adrenaline, I had arrived at the other side, relieved and invigorated.  It was almost too many sensations all packed into such a short burst: the views, the speed, the sizzling sound of the wire, and of course the stupefying heights.

We then traversed the mountain 5 more times, including "Big Momma" the fastest of the zip lines, and "Big Daddy," the longest one at 1/2 a mile that takes you into the tree line.  I highly recommend Sky Trek and Tram.  They were helpful, professional, and the zip lining was breathtaking.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment: