Monday, December 1, 2014

Attack of the Jellyfish at Playa Carillo


 

By Benji Blatt
"Ouch!  Ouch!  Ouch! @!##x%&# Ouch!! "

"Honey, are you okay?" Dad pulled me onto the beach heroically (Dad just told me to add that part).

"I think I got stung by something!  Maybe it was a jellyfish!"   My foot was really hurting.  It was red and swollen and had bumps where the jellyfish had stung it.

Dad said to Mom, "Lon, I'm gonna do it."  Mom said "Don't you dare!" but he did it anyway.  "This is my moment.  Daddy to the rescue."

Before I knew it, there was a boogie board blocking my vision between me and Dad.  Suddenly I felt a rush of wet heat on my foot.    When Mom lifted up the boogie board, I could see a large, yellow puddle surrounding my foot.  Dad had peed on my foot.

Later on, when it started to hurt again,  I also found it soothing to pee on my own foot.  ...A warm sensation in my heart.

When we got back to the hotel,  my foot was feeling better, so Dad and I investigated the theory of peeing on jellyfish stings.  We discovered that it was never proven to work. (But it sure felt good!)

Our first sunset at Playa Carillo, near Samara




How ya feelin' in Seattle about now?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment: